Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Mother need not worry


Malcolm had his Dr. appt on Monday. Everything is fine. He is now over 11 pounds. Can you believe it? The Dr. said he would have been happy if he was 10 pounds. Apparently he is a very good feeder. I was worried because Malcolm only feeds 7 times a day and only 15 minutes each time so I wasn't sure he was getting enough. NOW I KNOW!! Also, I was worried because he was sleeping so long at night and I wasn't sure if that was normal either. Well according to the Dr. it is A-Ok for him to sleep in the night and I don't need to wake him up or worry. So guess what? Last night I slept from 11 pm until Jay's alarm went off at 7. Awesome!!

Had craft day over the weekend and that was so great to reconnect with friends and for them to meet the baby. I learned card making and am so excited to start doing my own. I'm really going to try hard not to hyperschedule myself this year (last year I set aside certain days to knit, certain days to cross stitch) that didn't work...so this time around I am going to dedicate certain weeks instead. Yes I know that is still scheduling to a "Possibly" unhealthy degree, but I can't help it. I need to work off a To-Do list and I enjoy that. call me crazy.

We had a really busy day yesterday too. I met up with my coworkers for lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory downtown, then took the baby to meet Jason's coworkers....then shopped at the mall. Busy Busy, maybe that's what tuckered him out.
Today I am going to figure out some excercises to start doing. I lost 13lbs 3 days after baby was born and have only lost 2 since then. So I guess the rest is up to me. 20 lbs to go. STARTING RIGHT NOW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Who are those good looking ladies?...LOL! It was a fanastic weekend and I loved being able to hold Malcolm. He is an amazing blessing. You look wonderful and your cards turned out wonderful. I hope to be able to see you next time too! I am sure glad to hear that Malcolm is healthy and loving his mom.

    Sending you both hugs.

    ReplyDelete